Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Cri8ive Blog - Hello, World...

Cri8ive Blog - Hello, World...

Welcome to Cri8ive Blog, where creativity and ideas find voice and color.

Happy birthday, Cri8ive Blog. 

Let me tell you, it feels strange to write on a personal platform again, when I spent the last twenty years writing for third-party clients. During the last two decades I have been in charge of the editorial contents of portals, websites and magazines, and I've lost count of all the articles, reviews and newsletters I've signed (or not - ghostwriting is part of what I do). I taught myself the intricacies of SEO and worked hard as a copywriter, in italian and sometimes in english. I wanted to get my own personal blog started, but somehow I could never quite give it a true identity or a shape that had me go "Yeah, that's it! That's how I want my blog to feel like!"

Why a blog?

Internet is virtually limitless. It's estimated that dozens and dozens of new pages get created hourly, and those pages range on the most varied subject. Maybe it was the necessity to stay afloat in such a vast sea of competitors that scared me off for so long. What should have been the "tone" of my blog? What should I be writing about? And what structure should I give my posts - would they be reviews, or just my own personal musings? Should I be writing something I enjoyed or something I could profit from? Most of the articles I wrote for clients were more technical in nature, but I found out that sort of writing tended to burn me out fast. Did I really want that pressure on my blog? Over the last two decades I made some half-hearted attempts to sort out my ideas, but all those attempts were short-lived at best. What I didn't have was a bigger picture, a solid, cohesive and all-encompassing project in which I should pour time and energy. 

Flashfoward to 2024 - and now that project is very much real, in the form of my sparkling brand-new site Cri8ive (www.cri8ive.it). I don't intend it to be just a portfolio of my works, but a digitial platform expanding on my passions; communication and graphics.

Cri8ive, my digital platform

So, in a nutshell, what will you find in this Cri8ive Blog?

Cri8ive News: my newest works and projects. 

Digital contents: informative articles exploring the world of content creation. There will be focus on, news relevant to the world and work of creators, trending news and the rising challenges of this ever-changing and fervent "biz".

Software & tech for creatives; I'll be reviewing graphic suites, photo and video editing softwares, Wordpress plugins and just about every program that content creators want to have in their digital toolbox. I will also provide detailed product reviews of the latest tech releases; desktop & laptops, graphic tablets, printers and digital cameras developed especially for creatives.

Art & Design: events all over the world pertaining to art, graphic and design in all their forms. There will be articles focusing on artistic techniques and styles, as well as a constant eye to the latest news about artists rights (particularly in the wake of the increasing threat posed by Artificial Intelligences.)

Culture & Entertainment; a choice selection of books, movies and TV-series reviews. I will also be reviewing non-fiction technical manuals (hey, what do you know - I'm always trying to expand my studies), comics and graphic novels.

Editorials: my very own musings in which I give my unfiltered "two cents" on subjects that I'm particularly keen on, or that regard me in some degree or other.

Cri8ive Blog soars today and I believe it will fly far, thriving to offer you ever-varied and interesting new contents. Yet a blog without an audience is but a drop in the ocean, I warmly invite you all to interact! Make yourself heard! Leave your comments, or share the posts that may be more interesting to you on your Social Networks and spark new, engaging discussions. That's, in a word, the core of Internet; real-time communication breaking past barriers and distance to turn into shared knowledge and food for thoughts.

Follow me in this colorful and creative (wait, was that a pun...? 😜) new adventure Stay tuned, stay Cri8ive!

Cri8ive

No comments:

Post a Comment